Thursday, May 19, 2016

Poncho Bill's Starchief update #5

I got distracted by doing other stuff in the shop, I've been making a new DVD on how to repair busted motorcycle frames and such, doing car shows and just shop life in general. I have been working On Bill's 1957 Pontiac and here are some updates! I got the drivers side floor pan and frame support brace all made and welded in, its all pretty much the same song as the passenger side only played backwards for the secret message (for you younger kids, Us old farts used to play LP records form the likes of Pink Floyed & the Beatles and if you played them backwards you could hear a hidden message! or the devils voice all depends on your point of view or chemicals in your body) The big challenge as of late is restoring the trunk tail pan area, We got a '57 chevy gas tank with the fuel pump inside for EFI motors and decided it was a good idea to change out the trunk floor pan also as the original one had rust, rot, and cracking issues. In order to really get at the tail pan area I cut the trunk extension off the car to revel the ugly work of moisture and age in a tight steel area. I bought '57 chevy tail pan pieces and a cross support brace but they are way to different to use so as I type this my Friend Dean at Gieske steel here in Kansas City is bending up a new thicker cross brace for me. My low buck angle iron metal brake wasn't gonna do a great job of it so I took it to Dean to do the right thing. I'm supposed to pick it up later today so until then, "Get out in the garage and build something!" -FRITZ-