Friday, May 19, 2017

The Beatnik Bandit clone project

sometimes I just cant get into it and then again I build up some steam and get going on it, I did a lot of work that just wasn't "Blog" worthy but the headlights are something i have been avoiding doing, its a very intricate area on the Beatnik Bandit, I made a stencil or guide out if some old plywood and traced it out onto the plaster, had to do some shaving and got things in about the right area, then I made guide lines and used a sheet rock saw to cut the headlight holes in the plaster, a set of four old plastic Folgers coffee cans were cut down and stuck in the holes so i would have a circle lip to guide the plaster so i can get the body line just so, it looks kind of like a 1960 buick la saber headlight bezel on the real car. its gonna be a lot of work but thats how it goes when you take on a project like this, Get Out In The Garage And Build Something! -FRITZ-