Thursday, August 4, 2011

How Cool is that?

Now I have only lived in the Kansas City area for the last 3 years, and I still don't know my way around, and I sure don't know a bunch about the history of the area. While out and about for my day job, I was sent to get some rear axle parts for a job in the shop, and the rear end shop I went to seems to be located on what was once the grounds of an old Ford motor company plant! I love old history, and I really dig when you can find it still hanging around in the forms of old signs, bill boards on the sides of buildings, and foot prints in cement type of things. These smoke stacks have the "FORD" laid out in them in brick, and can still be seen from the highway. How cool is that? The fella in the rear end shop told me that the plant was built in 1912, and he had no idea when it was shut down. Imagine how many of those old T's & A's that were built there are still around, or built into "Hot Rods"! Crazy huh?