Sunday, June 3, 2012

Let There Be Tail Lights!

Not a bunch to report this time gang. I spent the weekend getting my trailer ready for a show we are doing on the east coast. I was doing brakes and wheel bearings etc., so my time in the garage working on the "Baja Bandeeto" was limited. I got the 1964 Ford tail lights mounted onto the body. I think they look a lot better then the earlier Ford units I had mounted on it 2 years ago. Also I took the stock exhaust system stuff off and fiddled around with the old header pipes that come off the Ed Roth trike that I robbed the motor from. Had to take the wheel off the passenger side, and when I went to put it back on, the stupid lug nut bound up its threads on the wheel stud and I had to breake it to get the wheel back off. What the heck man? I chased the threads on the stud and lug nuts when I put it all together the first time? "Ugh!" I'll hit the auto parts store after work tomorrow and get a new one, and maybe put a dab of axle grease on the threads this time. A bit of a set back nothing major. what did you guys get done? Fritz