Thursday, December 22, 2016

Model A Ford Madness!!!!

SO for anyone out there that may have my "How to chop a Model A Ford at home" DVD this is the same coupe from that DVD. Its back for me to do some more work on, I've been doing sub rails and what not but I will do a post on the rear quarter panel pocket patches you can get at most every restoration place in the USA. From what I have been hearing from guys is that they all Suck, they don't fit worth a Snot, my pics below are photo proof. I could tell right away that this patch would end up about 1/4 of an inch off, I cut it into pieces and worked each one to fit as I went along, on the first patch I used a flat chisel to move a body line over about 1/8th of an inch, got the first one welded in and then the next piece was just a matter of trimming it till the body line met up, the last piece is the proof in the pudding, Yup about 1/4 of an inch just shy of doing its job. instead of trying to weld a tiny piece of steel in there I grabbed a small piece of sheet steel and bead rolled my own body line and will make a tiny patch of my own. what have you guys been doing, Id love to hear from you SPRITZBYFRITZ@AOL.COM now get out in the garage and build something! --FRITZ