Monday, October 29, 2012

It's a Grind!

This would be the part of doing a fiberglass body that sucks! Lucky for me fiberglass doesn't bother me all that much but, it still makes me itch, just not as bad as most folks. I have the body bolted to a dolly I made out of old shopping cart, wheels, and steel square tubing from old weight benches people would put out for trash. A lot of cool cars have been on this dolly! Ed Roth's "Druid Princess", the "Mega Cycle", and the clone of Roth's "Outlaw" that is now at the Speedway Auto museum in Lincoln Nebraska. Also The "Roswell Rod", "Big John Mazmanian's" Austin, and now the "Baja Bandeeto". I have a rather large batch of parts out at the chrome plater, and it should be ready any time now. That's gonna hurt the old wallet! I'll get the raw fiberglass all ground down so it will be ready for body filler, and then I will probably move along onto getting the frame sand blasted, painted, and start putting all of the rolling stock back together. Get out to the garage and build something guys. FRITZ